Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snow Day

It's not often we get a snow day where I'm at. I remember being in school and watching the news in the morning just praying we would get a snow day. That so rarely happened. Living in Minnesota snow is a regular part of our lives and it takes a true blizzard to call off school. Never mind that the buses would be late and kids would be in the ditch all the way to school, if you could see 5 feet ahead you could make it to school.
So as I sit here expecting to see my neighborhood full of kids playing in the snow. I look out and see total silence. It's like a completely untouched neighborhood. You would think it was abandoned or that zombies have rolled through and scared everyone indoors.
Where is everyone? Why is no one outside with their kids? Or hell, at least let the kids go out and destroy the beautifully untouched blanket of snow that is covering everything you can see.
Instead it seems that all the adults are sitting around thinking about going out to shovel the driveway while their kids are all sitting in front of a tv or computer.
What has the world come to when kids aren't even out enjoying the snow?! What is the point of living in a state that has snow and cold weather for most of the year if you aren't out enjoying it?
Get out and enjoy the Snow Day people! I know I'm going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment