Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Impossible phone calls...

Why is it that my house is totally silent and then 30 seconds after I answer my phone it's total chaos?! Just once I would like to have a conversation on the phone without a screaming child in the background. Isn't it bad enough that I can't use the bathroom alone or that I have to hide somewhere if I want to eat a cookie by myself. Now I have to end a conversation early to say things like, stop punching your brother, get that out of your mouth or stop sitting on your baby sister.
I'm trying to hold on for the days when all of my children will be in school and I will have some peace and quiet to do all the things I miss, like being alone in the bathroom, shopping without having to stop for potty breaks every 5 minutes, talking on the phone and the best of all reading a book without being interrupted every 3 sentences.
The future better hold some peace and quiet or someone will find me tied up with my children dancing circles around me while taunting me with books I haven't been able to read and threatening to stay at home until they are in their 30's.

No comments:

Post a Comment